In-Person Church Services Resume
“I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.”
This coming Sunday, May 17, we will reopen the church for public worship services. We still encourage careful interaction with others to help prevent the Coronavirus from spreading again, but we will gather together for church on Sunday mornings at 10:00 for Sunday School, 11:00 for morning worship, Sunday evenings at 6:30, and Wednesday evenings at 6:30. At the present time we will not have a nursery since we can’t practice social distancing while caring for babies. Hopefully, the nursery will start back very soon.
As a precaution for our members and visitors who are at greatest risk from the virus, we want everyone to use the following guidelines as we begin our worship services together.
- If you feel like you are getting sick (fever, cough, sneezing, generally feeling bad, etc.) stay home, and let the pastor know that you need prayer.
- Feel free to wear a face mask while at church.
- There will be bottles of hand sanitizer at the doorways and scattered around the church. It would be good to use it when you arrive and when you leave.
- Don’t shake hands, hug necks, etc. Best practice is, give a salute or a thumbs up
- Practice social distancing. Families living in the same household sit together and try to keep a 6-foot distance from others.
- If you are personally uncomfortable about attending church right now because you are in a higher risk group (elderly or poor general health), please don’t feel bad about staying home and waiting a while before starting church again. Everyone at the church loves you and understands the reason for your caution at this time. I encourage you to continue watching the service on Facebook or on our church website, as we will continue live streaming.
I am excited about our church family getting back together. I look forward to seeing you this Sunday morning.
With Sincere Love In Christ,
Pastor Richard Hartline